The Friends of the Hatton was formed in 1985, and exists to provide support for the Hatton Gallery in all its activities. The Gallery was founded in 1926 and has provided the University of Newcastle and the city with what has recently been described by The Times as one of the most impressive exhibition spaces in Britain.
All funds raised by the Friends of the Hatton are directed towards the support of Gallery activities; help has been provided for the acquisition of works, but the main contribution is assistance with the expense of curating exhibitions or providing specialist staff for workshops.
Being a Friend means that in addition to supporting one of the most distinguished galleries in the north of England, you will receive the following benefits:
- Invitations to previews, receptions, and parties.
- Concessionary prices for FOTH events.
- 10% discount at the Hatton Shop.
- Use of Newcastle University’s Robinson Library for research.
- Programmes of lectures, walks, visits, and workshops.
- Opportunity to participate in selling exhibitions organised by FOTH.
Why not join us?